Maintenance of window hinges
How to keep your window hinges clean and functional ...
A bit of love will go a long way ...
Maintenance of your windows is straight forward and highly recommended. Keep the friction stay track free from dirt and the hinge mechanism clean. Every few years, lubricate the metal parts with machine oil, concentrating on the pivot points. With a bit of maintenance your windows will last longer and will cause less trouble in the future.
We recommend to do window maintenance every couple of years
- Clean hinges with cloth
- Clear friction stay track
- Lubricate all moving metal parts
- Friction can be increased or decreased by adjustment of the turning screw
- Replace damaged parts immediately
What to avoid
Windows are very robust, but some things need to be avoided.
- Having windows open during a storm
- Window hinges exposed to rain
- Constant condensation from inside
- Damaged seals which allow dirt and dust to enter
- Moving without lubricant
Your door & window service in Ireland
Perfect Home Windows is a leading service company for window repairs, window replacement, door repairs and door replacement in Ireland. Our specialists are repairing and replacing uPVC, aluminium and wooden windows as well as all types of doors. Our service includes installing new doors and windows as well as fixing hinges, handles, glass, seals and vents of windows, skylights and doors in county Cork, Kerry, Limerick, Clare, Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Offaly, Laois, Tipperary, Waterford, Kilkenny, Carlow and Wexford.